#Digital Era is Here

Digital Marketing in the Philippines is now slowly becoming a trend and must not be ignored because this will drive next economic wave in the digital world.

Let’s just admit it, the era of digitalization is looming upon us. It’s no secret that the Philippine Economy is ready to go digital.Businesses are starting to go online. Brick-and-mortar establishments now ride the brick-and-click business model. And it is not just the businesses that start to go online. Filipino consumers are finally embracing online platforms to buy products, and also to research where to buy their needs.

If you take a look at the key insights and statistics, you’ll see some numbers that will provide you a solid proof about it.

And that’s the reason we need to maximize our digital marketing efforts in the Philippine region now more than ever.
This means that having sound knowledge of Digital Marketing is also more important than ever.

#Digital Around the World in 2019

Well, let’s have a look at some of the key insights and statistics from Hootsuite’s January 2019 We Are Social Digital report:

digital-around -he-world-2019
  • The world population stands at 7.676 billion people in 2019, up by 84 million (1.1%) the past year.
  • 5.112 billion unique mobile users in 2019, up by 100 million (2.0%) the past year.
  • 4.388 billion Internet users in 2019, up by 367 million (9.1%) the past year.
  • 3.484 billion active social media users in 2019, up by 288 million (9%) the past year.
  • 3.256 billion mobile social media users in 2019, up by 297 million (10%) the past year.

#Philippine Statistics : Good for Digital Marketing

We discussed the world statistics in the above section. We simply plan to maximize your digital marketing in the Philippines in 2020 and beyond.

  • The population in the Philippines stands at 107.3 million people in 2019, up by 2 million (1.5%) the past year.
  • 124.2 million unique mobile users in 2019 in the Philippines, up 5 million (4.2%) the past year.
  • 76 million Internet users in 2019 in the Philippines, up by 9 million (13%) the past year.
  • 76 million active social media users in 2019 in the Philippines, up by 9 million (13%) the past year.
  • 72 million mobile social media users in 2019 in the Philippines, up by 10 million (16%) the past year.

#Philippine Population & Economy Overview

By 2020, we can expect the number of the Internet in the Philippines region to increase up to 85 million. This will be a great opportunity to the digital marketing in the Philippines.
Our assumption is not farfetched since Filipinos are regarded as the world’s heaviest internet users. Filipinos spend an average of 4 hours and 12 minutes on social media platforms, significantly higher than the global average of 2 hours and 16 minutes.
If that’s not a reason for you to consider getting your business go online – we do not know what will. It seems the only way to grow is to go online.
On 2020 and beyond, maximize the potential of digital marketing.

Moving forward, let’s have a quick overview of some of the most basic statistics.

  • 107.3 million people reside in the Philippines.
  • Out of that, about 49.7% is the female population, whereas the rest 50.3% is the male population.
  • About 1.5% change in population size was noted previously.
  • The median age of the people in the Philippines is 25.2.
  • Urban Population stands at 47%.
  • The literacy rate in the Philippines stands at 96%.
  • The female literacy rate in the Philippines stands at 97%, whereas the male literacy rate stands at 96%.
  • GDP Per Capita stands at $8,343.

#Digital Marketing on Devices

Don’t we all love scrolling our social media feeds from time-to-time? Don’t we all just love to watch our favorite TV shows on different platforms like a desktop computer, laptop, smartphone, television? Not all of us use Desktops or laptops to access the Internet.

  • 107.3 million people reside in the Philippines.
  • Out of that, about 49.7% is the female population, whereas the rest 50.3% is the male population.
  • About 1.5% change in population size was noted previously.
  • The median age of the people in the Philippines is 25.2.
  • Urban Population stands at 47%.
  • The literacy rate in the Philippines stands at 96%.
  • The female literacy rate in the Philippines stands at 97%, whereas the male literacy rate stands at 96%.
  • GDP Per Capita stands at $8,343.

#Digital Marketing can be Maximized on Media

time-spent-with-media

People just love spending time accessing the Internet, scrolling their social media feeds, watching TV as well as listening to streaming music. They spend a lot of their valuable time accessing the wide variety of content available on the Internet. Let’s Take a look at how much time is spent by the people in the Philippines accessing the media:

  • 10 Hours 02 Minutes! That’s the average daily time spent using the Internet via any device.
  • 4 Hours 12 Minutes! That’s the average daily time spent using social media via any device.
  • 3 Hours 33 Minutes! That’s the average daily TV viewing time. This includes streaming, broadcast as well as video on demand as well.
  • 2 Hours 6 Minutes! That’s the average daily time spent listening to streaming music.

#Digital Marketing on Content Streaming Activities

content-streaming-activities

There hasn’t been a time that I remember when I didn’t watch a YouTube video within one hour of waking up in the morning. And that’s how powerful this platform is. People just love spending time accessing the huge amount of content available on the Internet. We can use these contents to plug ads and maximize digital marketing in the Philippines.And that’s what brings us to our next section. Let’s take a look at the percentage of users in the Philippines that different stream kinds of content each month.

  • 99% of people in the Philippines watch videos online.
  • 56% of the people stream TV content via the Internet.
  • 36% of people play games that are streamed live via the Internet.
  • 42% of people watch the live streams of other players playing video games.
  • 23% of people in the Philippines watch E-Sports Tournament.

That’s lots of different people watching different kinds of content available all over the Internet. What this means is that if you want to attract your target audience, then it’s really important to provide them with the content that they love to watch.

the-philippines

Conclusion

Digital Marketing’s a real hot topic in the world right now. What can we conclude from the above statistics? Well, if you ask my personal opinion, the Philippines is now more than ready to go digital. But the question is:

Are You?
If you are a business owner in the Philippines, there’s no better time to take your business online than now. Let’s start the era of digital marketing in the Philippines right now.
So, what are you waiting for?
It’s time to go DIGITAL.
It’s time to go INOVATIVE
Time to go for DIGITALINNOV

Sources: wearesocial.com